La Retraite offers beautifully appointed, stylish accommodation; consider it a home from home and your very own private mountain retreat.
Sleeping up to 10 guests in 4 luxurious en-suite bedrooms, the open plan living area with wood burning stove provides a comfortable and intimate space in which to relax and entertain; the snug is the perfect den to curl up in and there’s even a separate office so you never need to miss that important email from the office!!!!!!!
Your self-catered stay at La Retraite provides these fantastic features:
- 4 en-suite bedrooms with either a bath or large walk-in shower (one bedroom can be made up as a family room providing one double and two single beds in order to sleep up to 12 guests in total)
- All bed linen
- UK adapters for all your devices in every room
- Open plan living area
- Woodburning stove and supply of logs
- Quality music system with iPod docking station
- Underfloor heating
- Separate office with printer
- TV / family room
- Balconies to both the front and side of the chalet with seating
- Heated store for ski equipment and mountain bikes
- On site parking for up to 4 cars
Skifunk Finest works with a number of local private chalet partners so please contact us regarding organising an Alpine escape for larger parties.
“There’s no waiting for friends on a powder day!“
LOCATION & TRANSPORT OPTIONS
Compared to other French Alpine destinations, you’ll find getting to La Retraite by plane, car or by train a breeze.
Samoens is conveniently located just an hour’s drive from Geneva International airport on easy-to-navigate roads. A range of carriers service Geneva airport from all over the UK and Europe including Aer Lingus, Air France, British Airways, British Midland, EasyJet, Flybe and Swiss Air.
Skifunk Finest offers private transfers to and from Geneva airport at competitive rates. We’ll be there to greet you on arrival and traffic permitting have you back at La Retraite within an hour.
You will be landing in Switzerland and driving from Switzerland into France.
It is advisable to hire a car from the Swiss sector of Geneva Airport rather than the French sector (otherwise you may have to buy a Swiss motorway tax pass – CHF40 or €30) so make sure you specify the Swiss side when making a booking.
Travel time from Calais to Samoens is around 8–10 hours depending on stops and traffic.
We have ample car parking space at La Retraite for our guests and their friends who choose to bring their own car.
Directions from Geneva Airport:
- On leaving the car park, follow the green signs for France and continue straight on for 0.5km.
- Still following signs for France, at the fifth set of traffic lights turn left.
- At the traffic lights at the top of the rise, before you go over the bridge, turn right. Filter into the left-hand lane and join the dual carriageway.
- Continue for 6km, through the Swiss/French border and into France.
- Picking up signs for Annecy, Chamonix, Milan/Turin and the Monte Blanc tunnel, you will join the A40 toll motorway (Autoroute Blanche). You can expect the first toll after 11km.
- Continue for 15km. Exit at junction 18 for Cluses, Morzine, Les Gets and Samoëns.
Directions from the A40 exit
- Exit at junction 18, following signs for Morzine, Les Gets and Samoëns. This will take you around Cluses on the D304, and soon picks up the D902, which takes you up the hill.
- Continue on the D902 through Chatillon, and gradually descend down into the valley for 1.5km.
- At a sharp left-hand hairpin bend (before Taninges), take the right turn signposted to Morillon and Samoëns.
It’s a good day’s train travel to Samoëns from the UK so plenty or time to sit back and relax. Take the Eurostar from London St Pancras International to Paris or Lille, then the SNCF TGV to Cluses (4hrs 30min).
Skifunk Finest can arrange to meet you in Cluses, which is around 20km (30min) from Samoëns. Visit Rail Europe to plan your journey.
TRANSFERS & TAXIS
Airport Transfers to La Retraite
Skifunk offers our guests very competitively priced private transfers from Geneva airport.
We also work alongside some excellent transfer companies offering a high level and safe service.
Go Massif are the leading provider of airport transfers for the ski resorts of Flaine, Les Carroz, Samoens and Morillon that make up the Grand Massif region of the alps. They have been in operation for more than 10 years, are fully licensed and insured and pride themselves on providing a reliable and efficient service.
Alps Direct assure you a cordial reception, top-of-the-range vehicles and a quality service, allowing you to benefit from the best conditions during your journey.
Local Taxi Services
Taxi services in Samoens are quite expensive, somewhat limited and do require being booked up well in advance; taxi David is a local service and is always happy to assist our clients. Tel: 0033 62 25 39 43